28FT SJX TWIN MEGA-JON
1,000 LBS MORE PAYLOAD THAN A DC-3 (OVER 3 TONS!) AND IT STILL RUNS IN LESS THAN SIX INCHES OF WATER!
You just havent experienced the shear excitment that come from running a boat of the size in just 6 inches of water! You got to check this out for yourself.
The SJX 2884 Twin Mega-Jon was created with one thing in mind, large cargo capacity. Numerous requests for a jet boat to carry much more cargo but still run shallow brought the Mega-Jon in to existence. The SJX 2884 has become the jet boat of choice in its class due to its cargo hauling abilites in shallow water, and its better in class pricing.
WATCH THIS! YOU WON'T BELIEVE WHAT YOU're SEEING
This isn’t your ordinary boat. This is the SJX 28ft Twin Mega-Jon.
5052-H32 Alloy Temper used for most construction except where specified. All floors and deck hatch lids coated with bed-liner material also with sound deadening insulation. Zero Alum to Alum contact between boat subfloor and flooring! Triple bulkhead cross floor construction, 28 cross floor braces @ 16 inch centers, .125 (1/8 inch) thick channels 6063-T6 Alloy Temper, bulkhead plates .166 (3/16 inch) thickness.
- 28 ft. Tunnel Hulled Boat, 84 inch bottom width, 3/16 inch thickness, 5086-H32 Alloy Temper
- 36 inch sides (at the transom), 1/8 inch thickness, 5052-H32 Alloy Temper
- 160 (between 3/16″ and 1/8″) Transom thickness, 5052-H32 Alloy Temper
- .250 (1/4 inch) Intake and Tunnel thickness 5052 -H32 Alloy Temper
- .125 (1/8 inch) Floors and all deck surfaces, 5052-H32 Alloy Temper. All floors and deck hatch lids coated with bed-liner material also with sound deadening insulation. Zero Alum to Alum contact between boat subfloor and flooring!
- Triple bulkhead cross floor construction, 40 cross floor braces @ 16 inch centers, .125 (1/8 inch) thick channels 6063-T6 Alloy Temper, bulkhead plates .166 (3/16 inch) thickness, 5052 Alloy Temper
- 34 Side Braces, 2 inch channels .125, 16 inch centers, 6063-T6 Alloy Temper.
- Center Hull Stiffener “C” Channel full length (exclusive extrusion), 6063-T6 Alloy Temper
- 7 full length standard hull stiffeners (exclusive extrusions), 6063-T6 Alloy Temper
TWIN ENGINE & JET DRIVE
Engines; Twin Mercury 200 hp Optimax DFI Sport Jet packages.
Dual 800cc Marine HDXD Deep Cycle Interstate batteries with selector switch.
Dual 3 gallon, 2-cycle oil tank reservoir.
Dual Racor fuel water separators with 1/4 turn shut-off valves (in addition all Mercury Sport Jet engines are equipped with a additional on-board fuel water separator “dual protection”).
140 gallon step fuel tank, NEW 2013 EPA std closed fuel system, dual anti-siphon ventilation, and splash tray fuel fill.
Dual Whisper external mufflers, 100% isolated from metal to metal contact.
Jet Drives; Twin Mercury SJ M2 JD with stainless steel “Hi-Skew” impellers.
Twin Reverse gate modifications, extensions are another SJX exclusive extrusion for additional reverse thrusting abilities, 6063-T6 Alloy Temper.
Twin Stainless Steel 9 bar EZ-Clean Stomp Grate
INSTRUMENTATION, CONTROLS, & HARDWARE
Custom “SJX” instrument and switch panel. Complete Twin “Smart-Craft” multi function Instrument Package.
Additional Fuel Gauge Instrument linked to Smart-Craft™ System.
All applicable deck hardware.
Complete Dual T-500 GPH Bilge system *
4 inch Blower and stainless cowl vent system**
Twin Single levers control shifter/throttle combo with neutral safety switch
Lanyard tether kill switch.
*All Mercury Sport Jet engines are equipped with a additional on-board “Siphon Bilge” system, if there is water in your bilge and the motor is running it also is siphoning the water out.
**NEW – 4 inch Blower and stainless cowl vent system to accommodate NEW USCG ventilation regulations and standards.
Center Console assembly on top step tank, 40 inches wide, single window windshield, leaning post type seat, .125 (1/8 inch) thickness, 5052-H32 Alloy Temper.
DECKs & SEAT BOXES
Raised rear deck over fuel tank, storage compartments on sides of engine compartment.
Step-up front deck.
Interior 4-wheelers ramps.
Large bow hatch with hinging lockable lid with storage.
Aluminum seat/storage boxes, hinging lid, with custom folding and swiveling seats (color choices).
wraps & COATINGS
The boat’s exterior is wrapped with a pattern or color of your choice from our standard options or custom ones, including standard graphics.
The entire “Interior” bed-liner coating is a color option as well. A nice feature about our bed-liners is you can purchase one of our bed liner kits and do a repair at your home or shop.
- Outer 1 1/2 inch Handrail/gunwale, 6063-T6 Alloy Temper.
- Inner 1 inch Handrail, 6063-T6 Alloy Temper.
- Center Hull Stiffener “C” Channel.
- Outer Receiver Hitch Socket 2 inch square tubing, .250 (1/4 inch) thickness, 6063-T6 Alloy Temper.
- Inner Receiver Hitch Socket Insert square tubing, .500 (1/2 inch) wall thickness, 6063-T6 Alloy Temper.
- Reverse Gate Extension Tubing, .166 (3/16 inch) wall thickness, 6063-T6 Alloy Temper.
- Heater line tubing, 3/4 inch OD, .125 (1/8 inch) wall thickness, 6063-T6 Alloy Temper.
- Deck Hatch Framing Channel, .125 (1/8 inch) thickness, 6063-T6 Alloy Temper.