Here are the answers to the Sunday, November 27th Trivia Quiz #10:
- What former Fairbanks business has been described as the largest investment scam in Alaska history? ANSWER: World Plus
- What local businessman flipped his Corvette on Airport Way the last year they had the drag races there in the 1980’s? ANSWER: Eddie Brown
- What grocery store sat next to the Big International bar when the 1967 flood hit? ANSWER: West Coast Grocer
- Why did the Nordale Hotel have a spool of rope tied off to the radiator in most of their rooms? ANSWER: To act as an emergency fire escape
- What product did Burn Bats sell? ANSWER: Flooring products
- Was was the Vallata Restaurant called in 1976? ANSWER: The Octa
FAIRBANKS ONLINE TRIVIA
The fun, educational trivia contest
Here’s how it works:
Visit www.newsminer.com every Sunday, Wednesday and Friday. Click on the Fairbanks Trivia link. This takes you to the daily quiz featuring 6 multiple choice trivia questions about Fairbanks.
Play just for fun or enter our QUIZ-PRO link so your score can be tallied and you qualify for a shot at thousands of dollars in cash prizes including the possibility of a Can-Am ATV or a new 2017 Ski-doo Alaska Trapper from Compeau’s at the end of the contest.
Answer six online multiple choice trivia questions related to Fairbanks. Subjects include everything from politics to mining to aviation to national disasters to random facts about this great town and the people that have been part of it. Questions will only be available to answer the day that they are posted online at www.newsminer.com
Contests run for the month and both high scores and random finalists will be electronically chosen and announced at the end of each at the end month.
These semifinalists will complete at the end of the contest for the prizes.
The contest runs for 4 months and the finalists for each month will be invited to a live Fairbanks Trivia showdown. (Think Golden Heart Jeopardy!) details and location to be announced) One lucky winner could win a new Ski-doo from Compeau’s or up to 5 grand in Compeau Cash to spend on anything in their 70+-year-old Fairbanks family business. Prizes are determined by their number of correct answers during the grand finale to take place on the showroom at Compeau’s.